14th Annual Fishing Tournament
It's time to compete! Bring in the biggest catch of the day and win. This page is for individual team registrations. If you are part of a sponsorship please proceed to the sponsorship page.
Time & Location
Apr 29, 5:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Matheson Hammock Park & Marina, Matheson Park, Coral Gables, FL 33156, USA
About the event
Register your boat, and get ready for fun!
Anyone is welcome to register a boat, sponsor the event and join us at the Hook & Dock Party whether you're an SJN parish member, school member, or not.
Let's go fish and have fun!
Tournament Rules and Regulations
- Tournament fee – $500.00 PER BOAT (include promotional items*)
- Additional Anglers $75 (allows guests to eat and drink at weigh-in ceremony).
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Every Boat Entry will receive *
- 4 long sleeve shirts ( If registered by April 17)
- 4 wrist bands to the Hook,Dock & Rock Party (5/20/23)
- 1 bucket full of promotional items
- 4 entries to the Captain’s Meeting (one team member must be present at the Captain’s meeting)to receive a bucket, and shirts and hear tournament updates sign & acknowledge Rules & Regulations. 4/26/23, 7:30 p.m.- 9:00 p.m at Sports Grill- Kendall- 9090 SW 97th Ave
- All entries must be received by 9 PM Wed, April 26th, 2023 to be eligible for the tournament.** registration after April 17th will not guarantee the boat to a captain’s bucket **
- All SJN School parents, parishioners, and friends.
- Dolphin, Wahoo, Kingfish, and/or Tuna (Yellowfin, Bluefin, Blackfin)
- Departure is flexible and may depart at any time from marina Matheson Hammock Park & Marina on Saturday, April 29th, 2023. Fish weigh-in will be at Matheson Hammock Park & Marina from 2 pm to 4 pm. Any boat not docked at Matheson Hammock Park & Marina by 4 pm will not be eligible for the prize.
Official Weigh Station
- Matheson Hammock Park & Marina is the official weigh station. All fish must be brought to the weigh station in the boat in which they were caught. All fish presented for weigh-in must be legal size, fresh, whole & unmutilated condition. Tails will be cut after being weighed by the judge. The Weigh-in judges’ decision is final. In case of a tie, first in will be deemed the winner.
- No restrictions (live bait is acceptable).
- All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Wire lines are permitted. No electric fishing reels.
Anglers Per Boat
- The entry fee covers 4 anglers per boat. Limit on boat guests, up to Captain’s discretion and safety regulations. Additional Anglers must have a paid entry. Each additional angler is $75 and can be registered thru this link
- This is a captain’s choice tournament and as such all captains and team members are advised to monitor all weather conditions and should proceed based on if they deem their craft sea-worthy. Captains should put the safety of their team as a priority. In the event of unsafe boating conditions, the tournament committee may choose to reschedule the fishing and weighing-in (only) for a later date.
Total weight of 3 heaviest fish per boat, any combination.
- First Prize: 20% of purse ($2500 cap)
- Second Prize: 10% of purse ($1500 cap)
- Third Prize: 5% of purse ($1000 cap)
Miscellaneous. Prize money depends on the number of boats entered. A captain or representative must be present at the time of presentation to win the award.
VHF Channel 72 should be monitored (can be changed at Captain’s meeting).
*****All participants acknowledge and accept that some of the activities in this fishing tournament can be risky or dangerous activities. All participants in this fishing tournament understand that the activities undertaken at the fishing tournament are undertaken entirely at their own risk. All participants agree that they will not hold SJN School or SJN Church liable or responsible for any injury, loss, or damage that occurs at or as a result of the fishing tournament. All participants acknowledge that the organizers of this fishing tournament, SJN School and SJN Church DO NOT direct, control, supervise, or monitor the fishing activity on each individual vessel. All participants accept that the organizers, SJN School and SJN Church are in no way liable or responsible for how the specific fishing activities on each vessel are conducted. Children on boats are not allowed. By signing this form or participating in the tournament you acknowledge and accept these rules********
Tournament Fee per boat
*Early Bird Pricing* 4 long sleeve shirts 4 wristbands to the Hook, Dock, & Rock Party 1 bucket full of promotional items Additional Anglers $75